Sunday, September 30, 2012

Opto Circuits

Good business, but possibly controversial management of funds in acquisitions. A lot of good discussion has happened here. I initially liked the stock, performed some analysis, but then was confused by the fact that I don't understand the products that OCIL makes. So, I bought and then sold within a day.

But then, I realized that I understand the market in which they play. Unfortunately, people are ignorant of their health and hence fall prey to so many heart problems, and this is where OCIL and alike make money.

Here's my reasons to invest in this business:

1. Get exposure to medical industry

2. I believe that OCIL is just into few quarters trouble.

3. Yes, some bad acquisitions, but then some of them are good and have paid as well.

4. Nearly the right price for owning the stock. Slightly more expensive than a conservative IV calculation, but I'm comfortable buying it below Rs 130.

Again, a high growth potential business, but I'll only consider keeping it for decades if management starts doing right things...otherwise, I'll sell it in next bull run.

My investment actions in this stock:


No comments:

Post a Comment